Monday, January 26, 2009

The Doodie of Destruction

I swear, every single thing Doodie did today involved some sort of destruction. You can't leave this kid alone for even a second, because when you do, things get quiet, and things get broken or eaten or hidden.

Destruction #1: The Tea Party Flowers

So, we had a tea party for Maeve's 3rd birthday party on Saturday. I bought some pink carnations and put them in one of my glass mugs and then wrapped the mug in pink toile. Cute! here's a before picture (kind of blurry):



Here's an after picture:


Doodie was eating breakfast this morning (strapped in to this chair of course, I've learned THAT lesson before) and things got really quiet. After a couple of minutes I started hearing a slurping noise, and I was like, "wait, he can't slurp yogurt like that. Oh NO." yeah, I found him in the middle of yanking all the flowers out of the mug and placing them into his yogurt bowl. Then he decided to drink the flower water. Gross.

Destruction #2: The Sunglasses

So, Mike has this habit of spending WAY too much money on sunglasses. A few months ago he left them lying around and I accidentally stepped on them and broke them. He was pissed and I was annoyed, but he was able to fix them, sort of. But they were wearable. Somehow Doodie got ahold of them and broke them for real this time.

Destruction #3: The Banana Bread

Tonight I took the girls to Michaela's swimming lessons and left the boys alone. I had baked some banana bread earlier and it was cooling on a rack in the kitchen. Mike was using the powder room for a couple of minutes, thus leaving Doodie indirectly attended, and the boy went to the table, grabbed the whole loaf of bread, brought it into the living room and went to town. Below is the aftermath. I didn't even get any and that makes me more annoyed than anything, even the fact that I had just vacuumed the carpet. Ugh.


This kid is CRAZY. I'm sure only one of us will survive. There can be only one.

No comments: