Wednesday, February 11, 2009

the cleanest kids on the block

A couple of weekends ago I was having dinner at my friend's house and she gave me some hand soap and sanitizer from Bath and Body Works. She had bought it, but the scent ended up giving her bad headaches. So I brought it home and put it up until we would need it. Apparently I didn't put it "up" far enough.

A couple of days after that dinner, I was sitting in the living room working and Maeve came out to me and said "Mom, look at my face!" and she was caressing her cheeks, which I noticed had a film of some sort on them, and she reeked of fruitiness. I actually thought she had gotten into Michaela's chapstick, which she has been known to do and to destroy. I got up and followed her into Doodie's bedroom where I see what has really happened.

They had gotten the little bottle of hand sanitizer and a tupperware bowl (thank the Lord) and proceeded to dump the whole bottle into the bowl. Then they were smearing it all over their hands, arms and faces. Yay! They smelled like that stuff for two days afterwards, I swear.

And to top it off, like two days after this incident, I was in the bedroom on the computer and on the phone with my sister when I realized that it was too quiet. So I came out into the living room to find Maeve and Doodie with the Bath and Body Works hand soap and they were pumping it all over the top of Maeve's potty chair and rubbing it all over. Luckily I caught them before it got too out of control, and I don't think anyone ate any of it. But geez!

Even though Maeve and Doodie fight, I can see that they are also going to be fabulous partners in crime.

No comments: